Stoking a New Flame for Fútbol in 2017
Fired UP! Ready to GO!
Proud to announce that I will be continuing my partnership with the Chicago Fire this year, renewing a collaborative effort that started midway through the summer of 2015. I'm honored and excited to continue my role as Official Club DJ / Music Director for the windy city's professional soccer team.
After my first full season of soundtracking the team's campaign, I'm embarking on my second calendar year of tenure with fresh ideas, new mixes, and other opportunities to integrate soccer and music culture here in Chicago.
It's a big year in the city - it's our club's 20th Season Anniversary and we're hosting the MLS All Star Game - So in preparation here's a breakdown of the new year as it relates sound support at the stadium!
2017 DJ STEP SCHEDULE
- SPARK THE PARK - Every home match (17 as it sits currently) will have a custom hour long playlist available for stream online prior to kick-off - The series entitled "Spark the Park" incorporates supporter, & player favorites as well as breaking records from around the world. To listen to last years' series click here.
- LIVE IN-STADIUM - For 10 of those 17 games, you can catch me performing live in the Valspar Fire Pit at the south end of the stadium. Tunes fire up approximately 1 hour before kick-off and you can expect a little scratch-session at halftime!
The below boxed matches are all the games you can expect to see me mixing for the 2017 season
New Fire for 2017
There's a whole lot of special touches I am looking to incorporate for this new season. Here's a sneak peak at some of the ideas that may come to fruition!
- Special 20th Anniversary Mix - 20 Years of Music - and a celebration of the clubs history... Similar to the MLS MIX I produced last year.
- May the Force be with You! A spacey take on the stadium sonics for one night only this summer. Here's to hoping for a Stars Wars Themed Match for Summer 2017!
- Local Artist Night - Hip-Hop, Rock, or Soul - Chicago is a super talented city and I would love to partner with some of the best and brightest to create a 100% indie artist playlist for a match this season.
- Rock Night - We'll be hosting a classic rock night in April - break out your guitar and amps and send your request my way!
- Hispanic Heritage Night - It's my favorite night of the year, but for 2017 I'd love to expand the offerings and create a more built out stage for local latin artists to showcase their music to supporters before the game.
Production and planning for the third installment of the Hot Mix Video Series is already in the works. Keep your eyes peeled for it, but in the meantime check out 2016's chapter!
See you at the stadium!